[AusNOG] They're heeeeeere - Netflix in .au/.nz in March 2015

Matt Perkins matt at spectrum.com.au
Wed Nov 19 12:16:18 EST 2014

You are  correct. I spend so much time speaking to people internally
correct terminology seems to have fallen from my brain :) .

The problem remains the links between the last mile infrastructure and
the ISP's core. Of which usually with the little guys does not belong to
them and has massive cost pressure with low cost competitors in the
market place that own there own DSLAM's.

NBN just does not have the penetration as yet. If you believe them
that's going to chance soon. NBN connected tails are about .001 percent
of customer base, perhaps because we are mainly city based. But im
assuming the numbers flow through.

Matt.