[AusNOG] Lets Encrypt

Joshua Small JSmall at daraco.com.au
Wed Nov 19 10:59:57 EST 2014

Hi,

A note on this:

* The letsencrypt project has a "TODO" which states "Support SANs and requests for certificates with multiple names". This is exactly what usually pushes someone away from the cheap/free certs available and into the current "premium" range. So there is hope yet that this project will put a dent in the major players.

* The fact that revocations and renewals should be signed under this protocol actually makes it stricter/more secure than existing options.

Joshua Small