[AusNOG] Advice MDF Access

Troy Cowin troy at perthsystems.com.au
Tue Nov 18 13:48:17 EST 2014

Hi All,

Long shot - but hoping someone may be able to provide some advice or suggestion. Directly off list probably preferred.

We are attempting to have new services connected on behalf of a customer into a building. The building was until recently wholly leased by a bank - one of the big 4. Recently the building was split in half, and the bank now occupy 1 part and our customer is moving into the other.

The bank when they renovated moved the MDF inside one of their secure rooms, and are now denying us access to it citing "security issues" and the requirement for exclusive use.

My understanding was the MDF was common property and actually owned by Telstra? I have requested the service provider contact Telstra to discuss running a new lead in cable, but not sure whether they will given there's one existing already? This is also likely to be a lengthy process as well.

Has anyone run into this issue in the past?

Cheers,
Troy