[AusNOG] PTR Records

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 18 13:24:22 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

RFCs aren't necessarily standards (otherwise RFC3514 evil bit implementations should now be widespread)

Highlights mine:

Network Working Group                                            D. Barr
Request for Comments: 1912             The Pennsylvania State University
Obsoletes: 1537                                            February 1996
Category: *** Informational ***

Network Working Group                                         S. Bradner
Request for Comments: 2026                            Harvard University
BCP: 9                                                      October 1996
Obsoletes: 1602
Category: Best Current Practice

The Internet Standards Process -- Revision 3

4.2.2  Informational

An "Informational" specification is published for the general
information of the Internet community, and *does not represent an
Internet community consensus or recommendation*.