[AusNOG] PTR Records

David Beveridge dave at bevhost.com
Tue Nov 18 13:18:03 EST 2014

Thanks for your responses.

And for the record, yes, the EHLO header was mycompany.com.au and it
does have a normal A record.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Mark ZZZ Smith
<markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

I did ask them about this and they were unable to answer it.

> >I have been told by a certain ISP that I cannot have a PTR pointing to mycompany.com.au as it is NON-standard and which cannot and should not be done.  They insist on setting the PTR to mail.mycompany.com.au and refuse to do as I ask.
>

> I'd see this as a sign of incompetence, and look to reward that with finding a different supplier.

I am now writing a formal letter of complaint, as outlined in the
complaint handling policy.