[AusNOG] Re RackCentral

Shaun McGuane shaun at rackcentral.com
Tue Nov 18 12:02:17 EST 2014

Ausnog Community,

While i appreciate many people have different opinions on this community list and with respect to those involved i wanted to release the following;

RackCentral was forced into a corner by Vocus, we had a billing dispute witch was worked for several months to reach an amicable resolution of
which we could not. I as the former director bear that responsibility of making the tough choice to place the former company into voluntary administration

This decision was made *before* any stat demand was made on RackCentral for payments and after Vocus had locked us out of the DataCentres.

I have always held Vocus and James Spencely with the highest regard and would actively push business through them. In fact it was I who reached out
to them to provide them the opportunity and introduction to 530 Collins Street to take over the former ASX DataCentre and build their new home in Melbourne.

It is unfortunate that these events have occurred, however I have taken all the necessary legal steps to ensure no phoenix activity has occurred and
of which we were protected in making these recent changes. I know my credibility has taken a hit, and bear that responsibility as a fellow techie and
a business owner.

I respect everyone has different opinions on this issue and encourage people who are not directly involved to remain neutral as this does not involve them.

Kind Regards
Shaun McGuane