[AusNOG] Re RackCentral

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Tue Nov 18 11:42:47 EST 2014

Peter,

I partially agree with your statement.

1. Yes.... but there is nothing stopping us (or the media) talking about it
2. Same answer
3. This is not good.  Anyone who wants to take the risks of dealing with
shonky operators is on them.  There shouldn't be a lynch mob to go after
people.  BUT, there should be some mechanism like the Renters thing I
posted, where if people are doing bad business, they should be able to be
listed, and then it is on you to do your due diligence and check... but
that kind of forum is hard.

Ausnog does have a bit of whinging... higher than normal... and yes, some
of the more extreme stuff should stop... but this is a community and there
are other factors - products, politics, business, innovation - that can
effect our operations and should be able to be discussed.

Let the moderators deal with the extreme issues, but if you are going to
threaten to unsubscribe - just do it.  We should deal with the 'related'
things that come up and if you can't then Ausnog isn't the place for you...
it is been this way since it started and goes through waves... it is just
life.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering