[AusNOG] Re RackCentral

Greg Lipschitz Greg at thesummitgroup.com.au
Tue Nov 18 09:48:03 EST 2014

Like Vocus, The Summit Group is also vigorously pursuing legal action against the director and is working with both the liquidators and the relevant government bodies, namely ASIC, to reach an outcome.

This sort of behaviour affects both Big Business and Small Business. Whilst people assume that Vocus can just "write off" the debt, what is forgotten is the amount of revenue required to generate the nett profit to recoup said debt is still significant and in turn, affects all of us.

$50,000 for a smaller business such as The Summit Group is certainly a kick in the teeth, but we move on and build stronger businesses and hope that others learn from these sorts of issues.

Business is a big bad world and as a business owner if you're not willing to accept a level of risk (on mitigate the risk) and accept the outcomes and consequences then you probably shouldn't be a business owner.

Regards,

Greg

Greg Lipschitz | Director | The Summit Group
E: Greg at thesummitgroup.com.au  W: www.thesummitgroup.com.au
The Summit Group (Australia) Pty Ltd | P: 1300 049 749 | Level 1, 39 Railway Road, Blackburn  VIC  3130
The Summit Group (USA) LLC | P: 321 216 3844 | Suite 561, 40E Main Street, Newmark  DE 19711
Postal:      P.O. Box 3225, Doncaster East  VIC  3109

On 18 Nov 2014, at 09:31, James Spenceley <james at iroute.org> wrote:

>> If they let one customer get away with it then all customers will start trying it.
>

> What makes you think we are letting him get away with it ? :)
>
> This type of behaviour is terrible for the industry and especially paints a bad picture of the smaller providers who get tarred with the same brush in many cases.
>
> If this was as blatant a phoenix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_company) as it seems, we have the resources to pursue Shaun personally and we will, it's just a long process and we will be placing significant pressure on ASIC.
>
> --
> James

ExchangeDefender Message Security: Click below to verify authenticity
https://admin.exchangedefender.com/verify.php?id=sAHMmAU7028170&from=greg@thesummitgroup.com.au