[AusNOG] Optus and Telstra transit

Jared Hirst jared.hirst at serversaustralia.com.au
Sat Nov 15 11:19:18 EST 2014

Hi List,

Odd request and pretty un reasonable but worth a shot, I need someone with
a gbit of Optus and Telstra domestic transit.

I want to run a Iperf test from my core in Sydney and over to an Optus link
for at least 12 hours and then to a Telstra link, or at the same time if
possible. Has to be a minimum of 1gbit and 2 if someone has it!

The data will be coming from Vocus Sydney and Equnix Sydney and also
Telstra Domestic.

We are streaming TV to Telstra and Optus users and are seeing a huge amount
of loss during certain times of the day, we are concerned that our
upstreams are over contending the links to these providers, so we need to
rule that out or rule out the TV streaming service.

This is the same issue we had with the TPG pipe port being flat lined, and
I am happy to say that is now resolved.

We have just turned on a 2gbit link to Telstra and we don't see these
issues, so the testing will hopefully allow us to push the upstreams to
have it resolved.

I am willing to pay for people's time and some money for the use of their
transit.

Please contact me on or off list. If you have 2gbits of of pure Optus
transit you want to sell me then I am all for having a talk about that too,
as Optus seems to want over a million a year commit before they will sell
transit?

Contact me on or off list, thanks!

--
Jared HirstChief Executive Officer

Office Address: 2/2 Teamster Close, Tuggerah NSW 2259
Postal Address: PO Box 3187, Tuggerah NSW 2259
Phone: +61 2 8115 8801 | Network Ops: +61 2 8115 8850 | Main Switch: +61 2
8115 8888
Web: www.serversaustralia.com.au
[image: Servers Australia - Logo] <http://serversaustralia.com.au/>How are
we doing?please click here to tell Servers Australia - We‘re listening
<https://docs.google.com/a/serversaustralia.com.au/forms/d/1LN6H3Dc8TCJFmNH7pxVkAfrhP3MosGNAueA8hteFbIY/viewform#start=openform>[image:
Find Us on Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/ServersAustralia> [image:
Follow us on Twitter] <http://twitter.com/serversau> [image: Follow us on
Google] <https://plus.google.com/112681060777876559914>

*Notice:* This message may contain private and confidential information
intended only for the recipients. If you have received this message in
error please delete immediately and notify the sender, as any distribution
or reproduction of this message is prohibited. The views & opinions
expressed in this e-mail are NOT necessarily those of Servers Australia

Please consider the environment before printing this email - every year we
are losing 40 million acres of oxygen producing forests through logging and
land clearing.