[AusNOG] Blast from the past - 1994 connect.com.au brochure

Alexander Neilson alexander at neilson.net.nz
Thu Nov 13 12:57:10 EST 2014

About half the computers at my primary school ran OS/2 Warp, the rest were
running Windows.

However at home I had a 386 DX than I had right up until 1999 (when I
upgraded to Windows 98 on a Pentium MMX 166)

I remember the worst disappointment for me with the 386 was when I was told
about some cool DOS tools and I tried to run them only to find they shipped
with DOS 6 and my WFW3.11 only had DOS 5.

But that old system got me online for the first time with my amazing 14.4
Kbps modem. Back when people charged for browsers.

Regards
Alexander

Regards
Alexander