[AusNOG] [Ap-ipv6tf] official shutdown date for IPv4. The date he is pushing for is April 4, 2024. "IPv4 can't go on forever, " Latour said. "

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Fri Nov 7 16:23:49 EST 2014

> There is literally no reason not to do it at this stage, other than
> people being too set in their ways to learn new things.

Not wanting to throw oil on the fire here, 'tis a genuine question...

Are there any "IPv6-outside-IPv4-inside" SOHO/Home routers available?

Completely apart from the network-operators point of view, between us we
have a hell of a lot of customers who are going to have equipment that
simply doesn't do IPv6; who are not going to be able to afford (or
justify) the expense of replacement gear; and are going to be in an
awkward position if they were "forced" to change now.

The number of people who CAN'T get the NBN yet vastly outnumbers the
number who can, so "Oh, but they'll have IPv6 available at their router
now" doesn't apply, and likely won't for some time to come.

Not wanting to make an argument, it's a serious and genuine question.
I don't remember seeing anything (but then, I haven't been looking for
one). It'd have to compete on price with todays "throw-away" router
prices, because that's all a lot of people can afford.