[AusNOG] Microtik bgp issues

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Wed Nov 5 11:57:50 EST 2014

On 05/11/14 11:30, Mike Everest wrote:
> One thing to watch out for, though, is that there does still exist a
> limitation with routerOS that allows only a single CPU core for bgp
> and routing table processing
>
> Since routerOS is based on linux kernel, updates to kernel code to
> support multi-core enhancements will (apparently) eventually overcome
> that limitation ;)

Doesn’t sound too much like a kernel limitation to me.  Sounds more like the BGP userspace being single-threaded?

Correct me if anyone has a more intimate knowledge of RouterOS internals.

--
(Side-note: I don’t understand all the MikroTik love on this list.  I will admit I use RouterOS at home and the office but based on the (a) amount and (b) stupidity of bugs encountered, it’s nothing I’d call carrier-grade.)