[AusNOG] Gosford City Council and NBN RSP.

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Thu May 29 13:26:29 EST 2014

On 29May14, jake anderson allegedly wrote:
> The issue with achieving these things in practise is with the MTM you
> are in the same boat you are in now, you are at the mercy of the RSP to

Yep. I don't think VPNs are sufficient. RSP-independent channels are
what you need. That they are manifest as physical ports on the NTU is
really just a convenience factor.

> That said, given there is now no guarantee of bandwidth on the MTM
> (NBNco CEO will not guarantee transfer and doesn't know what line rate
> is) theres not really any point offering multi port NTU's as you can't

Actually I think there is. You want to entrench the concept at rollout
even if those on MTM solutions have a poor experience because trying
to retrofit it later against entrenched deployments will be
impossible.

Also, the ubiquity aspect include ubiquity of capabilities. If a
council (say) has to make deployment of a service conditional on
whether you're on MTM or fibre it would be a logistical headache and
much harder to justify since that large population of second-class
NBNers miss out.

Mark.