[AusNOG] Gosford City Council and NBN RSP.

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 28 18:05:03 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

I don't think you're thinking much about how practical it would be for typical residential customers to either operate two separate networks in their home or to securely interconnect them so they can access both over their Wifi. I wouldn't be all that confident of even people who've passed CCNA level exams to be able to do it 100% reliably. Interconnecting two independent networks to a single common network is relatively hard, in particular considering when the independent networks might have overlapping addressing, or might not provide equivalent reachability.

I think the practical limit of technical capabilities of typical residential customers is powering on and configuring their router with their ISP supplied username and password, and even then a lot struggle with that (hence TR-69).