[AusNOG] Netflix coming to Australia

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 27 07:50:49 EST 2014

>________________________________

It might be glamorous, and the high profile workers in it might get paid very well (a.k.a. movie stars), but it isn't king. People spend more money on their inter-personal communications with their friends and their family than they do on their entertainment via content.

"Content is Not King"
http://firstmonday.org/article/view/833/742

Another sign is positions within the top largest companies lists. Disney doesn't make it into the global top 100 companies by annual sales, where as Verizon, AT&T, NTT, Deutsche Telekom and Telefonica do (click on the 'Sales' title to sort by that column).

http://www.forbes.com/global2000/list/