[AusNOG] HFC Cabling Contractors (Sydney Metro)

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Mon May 26 01:36:57 EST 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to help out some a body corporate of a site in Glebe... they
are in a MDU which has HFC cabling to some units (top floor), but middle
and bottom floors are unable to get services due to the wall cavities being
problematic.

They've has Telstra/Foxtel techs in multiple times who just give up and it
is beyond the scope of what they do.

I have told them that all they really need to do is to get real cabling
contractors who just follow the Telstra/Foxtel guidelines for wall outlets
and cabling and put the cables up next to the HFC backbone.

A Telstra/Foxtel installer can then just connect that cable up to the
backbone with all the hard work already done for him.

However.. Due to strata rules I need to find a couple of contracting
companies I can explain the job to and then get a quote from.

If you know any contractors who are good and preferably have experience
with rolling out HFC cabling, then please provide me with a contact
off-list and I will make contact with the first couple to get some quotes.

I have tried the companies listed in the Foxtel deployment guide and they
are all only interested in Greenfield deployments and where there is 50+
units.  With this project we're looking at around 20-30.

Thanks all.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering