[AusNOG] MRTG measurement sizes

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 09:26:24 EST 2014

It's been many years (like 10) since I played much with MRTG much. A quick glance at the config options page:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-reference.en.html

suggests that you might want to look at the "unscaled" option. Things I am not sure of:

1. Whether you can set it globally (or need to do it "per target")
2. If it will work without having "MaxBytes" also set, so that it knows what to "unscale" the graphs to

You can also use "AbsMax" which may allow you to set the Y axis of your graphs to "MaxBytes", yet still allow values that are larger than MaxBytes to occur (as long as values are less than AbsMax).

That's my reading of it though and I don't have an install that I can test it on (we use PRTG instead).

regards,
Tony.