[AusNOG] NBN CO told to pretty itself up for bankers by 2017

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed May 14 12:11:21 EST 2014

As an ISP based in an area that is now 99% FTTH covered (and copper
cut-off dates starting next month through to march 2015), it is a great
worry. I doubt they will allow the services to be cut, the economical
effects of that could ruin a whole town/city in one action, but there
could be so many unknowns, like will whoever buys the infrastructure
have to buy all of it for the nation? Will they sell it area by area?
POI by POI? Will the new body have government pricing regulations on
them or will all the service have a 20% hike? (especially if it is sold
off in parts, there is no one large monopoly to govern).

Not that I'm a business person, but I'd imagine NBNCo as it is, or even
what it could be in the next 2 years given the current roll-out
problems, would be a very wise investment for anyone who likes to keep
their money?