[AusNOG] Interesting

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Tue May 13 18:24:34 EST 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 07:59:44AM +0000, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:
> http://yro-beta.slashdot.org/story/14/05/13/005259/new-zealand-spy-agency-to-vet-network-builds-provider-staff

Hoo boy, that's going to make for fun times in NZ's network engineering
market.  I had a chuckle about "Facebook, Google, Microsoft [...] have
opposed it, saying the new statutes clash with overseas privacy
legislation", though.  It's the law of the land, chaps, and the price of
playing in a particular country.  Rather like the cost of working in China,
which (IIRC) only Google has done anything close to taking a principled
stand on.

- Matt

--
<Igloo> I remember going to my first tutorial in room 404. I was most upset
when I found it.