[AusNOG] Average Usage Per Service

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Mon May 12 12:13:08 EST 2014

That would make sense, if congested obviously the max available = max used
= customers*average, but if a network is not run congested then available
!= max used, or somewhere in between max available = %congestion x max
used, or the ultimate question is, what level of congestion delivers what
(acceptable) user experience. Adding in AGVC congestion as another
congestion point (although that = the current, just different backhaul).
Think that is what Skeeve was after. Rather than the simple answer of 2000
customers with 2Gbit transit = 300GB/mo average, or 1.2TB for 20%, 75GB for
80%

Hah Jeremy.