[AusNOG] Network Monitoring via Email/SMS

Gareth Fletcher gareth.fletcher at gmail.com
Mon May 12 07:44:08 EST 2014

I used prowl for push notifications to phones from nagios. There are a
bunch of alternatives.

Pretty cool. Nobody really used it though.

At the moment we use regular emails from nagios. We have our email platform
monitored with alertsite which escalates to an external company that phones
us nonstop until an engineer picks up (in case that goes down).