[AusNOG] Network Monitoring via Email/SMS

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Sun May 11 23:05:13 EST 2014

Why would anyone use SMS?

There are loads of external monitoring services, or you could just get your
own colo elsewhere (like I do) and have that email you.

The assumption is that your email service is independent of your network
(i.e. Gmail, etc.) or you could always setup a secondary email account on
your device specifically for monitoring.

SMS can be expensive and there is barely any reason to use it at all.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering