[AusNOG] IOS router selection

Colin Stubbs colin.stubbs at equatetechnologies.com.au
Mon May 5 16:11:02 EST 2014

Those commands are setting an admin configured distance for the static
route. That's all.

ARP is not involved. You'd need to use object tracking with IP SLA's to
achieve anything more intelligent if using static routes only.

Google will drown you in answers,

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/border-gateway-protocol-bgp/27082-ip-static-routes.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guide/scg3750/sweot.html#wp1084626