[AusNOG] ispONE Disconnected by Wholesalers - Are you affected? `

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Sat May 3 18:35:42 EST 2014

Hey Bevan, I admire your vision of Megaport being the defacto 'fabric'
solution here in AU (maybe globally one day?? good start with SG, just
caught up on your blog), but I think Matt brings some pause and thought to
those that while may be reeling from the OP disconnection issue may not
consider their 2nd backup plan beyond using MP to get them out of their
current situations.

Especially if (quite understandably) they assume/rely on the reliability of
MP (as they may have of AWS Azure Compute etc, and be honest, its easy to
get complacent when you do experience 100% uptime..), which hasn't been
without its hiccups (PIPE DC issue at the start of the year), and as of yet
not a proven track record (although hard to argue with your amazing
progress in such a short time!), none of which means MP might not in fact
be THE provider to use exclusively if one is to take that risk.

PS how many diverse paths do you have between DCs, the site has no mention
of specific SLA, I'd assume 5nines but that would mean 3 if not 4 (some
direct, some via other DCs)?