[AusNOG] MMF fiber OM3 cabling versus OM1 patch leads

Qui Le QLe at sydneyoperahouse.com
Thu Mar 27 14:57:30 EST 2014

Hi

Our Data centre built several years ago using multimode to be compatibility with existing MMF infrastructure.

Recently we have an electrician audit report that our fibre cabling between our inter-racks are MMF OM3 but the patch leads we use are OM1.

We are not sure if this cause performance issues or data loss but we cannot see any errors in our fiber switches or in our Cores.

Is it worthwhile to replace these fiber Patch leads to OM3 ?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Qui Le

=====This message is intended for the addressee(s) named and may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.
Views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the views of the Sydney Opera House Trust=====