[AusNOG] Going beyond ADSL in a non-NBN world

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Mon Mar 24 22:32:10 EST 2014

Another option - find sites that have good connectivity close(ish) to
the offices, and work out a deal with a building owner to have a
Wireless PtP link out to your office.

It's relatively inexpensive to get a 5+km link stable with good LoS. For
approaching building owners, it could be as simple as a small fee per
month/year, or free services in contra for the building space.
(J-bracket or similar sized brackets are big enough for many wireless
devices, so its not a big fit-out).