[AusNOG] Process for installing new kit in existing racks in .au data centres?

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:17:17 EST 2014

I'll echo the responses so far - even with "average" data centre operators,
once on the approved access list, I rock up with whatever I want, and
install it into the rack I'm paying for as I see fit.  If I need dock
access, I'll let them know in advance.

Otherwise, given you're paying for the space/power/HVAC already, what right
do they have to prevent you from installing kit into it?  You don't pay for
rack space for it to remain empty/unused, even if you're tied into a
long-term contract, I seriously doubt you'd have problems getting out of it.