[AusNOG] Windigo Malware Trojan alert for linux servers

Paul Foote pfoote at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 16:01:23 EST 2014

The article seems very sensationalised, but the detailed report it links to
is a lot more objective and includes this line at the bottom of page 4:

 "No vulnerabilities were exploited on the Linux servers; only stolen
credentials were leveraged.
We conclude that password-authentication on servers should be a thing of
the past

Cheers,

Paul