[AusNOG] MelbourneIT stores domain passwords in cleartext - iTnews.com.au

Shane Short shane at short.id.au
Thu Mar 20 16:34:12 EST 2014

I think you'll find Ausregistry stores them in plain text, too. I had
one for a domain I'd planned to transfer a while ago.. went to the
Ausreg page to get it sent to me and I got the same password sent to me
(so it's obviously not regenerated when you request it). I think it's
probably unfair to target Melbourne IT specifically.