[AusNOG] Dell Force 10 MXL 10/40GbE Switch IO Module

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Mon Mar 17 19:05:56 EST 2014

The pin descriptions would suggest it’s RS232 at the DB9 end.  Though not standard pinout - pin1 should be DCD, and Pin 4 should be DTR if it was a standard RS232 DB9.  Though one would figure you *should* be able to use a standard USB->Serial adapter, and only use software flow control.  Or just quickly throw together a DB9->DB9 cable which re-maps the pins.

-_DG