[AusNOG] Old route from PIPE NSW

Andrew Jones aj at jonesy.com.au
Wed Mar 5 12:44:51 EST 2014

Hi all,
When tracking down a routing issue today, I discovered a stale route in
the routing table on a peering router of ours, learned from PIPE NSW's
route servers: 122.100.13.0/24 - it was 44 weeks old and I've lost the
exact AS path unfortunately, but it began with "4739 7607 7606 7606
7606".

When I looked, it did not appear in PIPE NSW's route servers' routing
tables as seen from their looking glass. Clearing the sessions to the
route-servers has resolved the issue and I'm now reaching that subnet
via a /23 route which is being advertised.

Is anyone else seeing this route in their tables currently? I'm
wondering whether it's my router misbehaving and ignoring some
withdraws?
Thanks,
Andrew