[AusNOG] Cable length limits?

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Tue Mar 4 22:04:43 EST 2014

Over 90m a change to say 40c would actually lengthen the cable by about 2%,
so a couple meters, probably not a whole lot, but could be borderline. Most
of the results should be from those trying to flog higher priced but same
performing cables, nothing new there. If there were to be issues, it would
be due to being so close to normal cat5e/6 limits, not temperature
differences. As in, you shouldn't run it that close to spec in the first
place.