[AusNOG] Traffic from Optus and Telstra CPE addresses

Russell Langton russell3901 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 15:35:24 EST 2014

Hi Joshua,

They both look like CPE addresses.

I think the first step would be to take traffic captures to confirm what
kind of attack it is (ntp/snmp/dns/chargen) and then implement protections
on your border to stop it impacting your customers/s.
If you can't implement protections, then at least with the packet captures
can you approach the providers to maybe contact the customers to fix their
problems, but this opens another can-o-worms.