[AusNOG] Looks like the NBN will be the TBN!

Matt Richards matt at shakesbeare.com
Sat Jun 28 07:58:35 EST 2014

Here's some real world line stats from my FTTN VDSL2 line. Line length
is about 800m (could have been 400m, but the cable goes the wrong way
down the street, cabinet is a couple of streets over).

     VDSL Training Status:   Showtime
             VDSL Profile:   Profile 8b
             Traffic Type:   PTM Mode
              Link Uptime:   16 days: 17 hours: 53 minutes
        VDSL Port Details       Upstream         Downstream
                Line Rate:     10.436 Mbps       48.738 Mbps
     Actual Net Data Rate:     10.351 Mbps       48.665 Mbps
           Trellis Coding:         ON                ON
               SNR Margin:       16.9 dB            2.6 dB
             Actual Delay:          0 ms              0 ms
           Transmit Power:        0.3 dBm          13.6 dBm
            Receive Power:        3.0 dBm           2.4 dBm
               Actual INP:        0.0 symbols       0.0 symbols
        Total Attenuation:        1.7 dB           11.3 dB
Attainable Net Data Rate:     13.704 Mbps       38.280 Mbps

speedtest.net gives me 45 down 9.8 up. Sync speed varies... sometimes
down to 30Mbps. It's currently high because we had a power outage 17
days ago and I was one of the first back online.

Matt.