[AusNOG] TPG EFM - low MTU

McDonald Richards McDonald.Richards at vocus.com.au
Mon Jun 23 15:26:56 EST 2014

You need to be able to hit a LAC at 1540 bytes from your LNS if you don't want to be fragmenting clients. Add another 8 bytes for PPPOE…

Macca

From: Bruce Forster <bruce at tubes.net.au<mailto:bruce at tubes.net.au>>
Date: Monday, 23 June 2014 3:20 PM
To: "ausnog at ausnog.net<mailto:ausnog at ausnog.net>" <ausnog at ausnog.net<mailto:ausnog at ausnog.net>>
Subject: [AusNOG] TPG EFM - low MTU

Hi Noggers,

I have a strange issue seems to be isolated to VIC LAC's

Some session are coming up at MTU 1476.

I did managed to clear a l2tp tun and the session came back via another LAC at 1500.

These are the ones i have had problems with: TPGVICLAC-6e / TPGVICLAC-5e

To get around it iv set mtu on the dialer to match and used a mss-adjust...

I can ping to the LAC's IP at 1500 with no issue.

--
Regards,

Bruce