[AusNOG] DC - Sydney City - Bond St

Taylor, Matthew matthew.taylor at pacnet.com
Mon Jun 23 09:15:27 EST 2014

People's responses were pretty much correct, but just to clear up the details....

Pacnet have been in a large suite on Level 2 of Global Switch pretty much since day dot of that facility, somewhere near 10 years now.

Pacnet also had a long term data centre facility on Level 2 at 20 Bond St and this lease also housed the Sydney sales office and NOC.

In the latter half of 2010 Pacnet took over what was the old Commonwealth Bank DR data centre at 133 Liverpool St which is under the Catholic Archdiocese office tower. Levels 1 thru 3 of this concrete (and window-less) bunker were completely stripped bare and a brand new data centre was fitted out.

The customers and core network previously located at level 2, 20 Bond St were then relocated into Level 1 of this new data centre during Jan-April 2011. The NOC and data centre team also moved there while the sales office moved to new office space in York St.

The then empty lease at Level 2, 20 Bond St was subsequently gutted including the former data centre space.

Matt