[AusNOG] Buying Group for small ISPs

Spinfx spinfx64 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 15:32:43 EST 2014

Hi All,

As a small country ISP, we only operate and sell into our local region and
although our support service has been described as excellent,  we are still
losing clients  to the BIG ISPs with thier low price deals. Clients leaving
us, explain thier reluctance to leave us and and at the end of the day,
say its because of the better pricing. I can imagine its the same for alot
of small ISP's out there.

Does anyone have any information on any  Buying groups for small  to medium
ISPs ?

or is interested in forming one ?

We have access to all the services, we just need the economies of scale to
help us and
being in a buying group is the only way that I can think of, that will
allow us to get that better pricing and compete.
Not to mention that we can help each other in terms of technical assistance
and product knowledge that we can share or assist in any major problems
faced.

Barry the small ISP Man.