[AusNOG] Mixing tech stuff

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Thu Jun 19 13:41:04 EST 2014

On Jun 19, 2014, at 10:03 AM, Jarryd Sullivan <Jarryd.Sullivan at area9.com.au> wrote:

> One concern up in the NT is Power and Water Corp tend to be very funny about solar innovation. Since they're the only power supplier in the NT to non-commercial users one would think they'd want to prevent people from using cheaper energy to keep their revenue higher.

We’re not far from the inflexion point where it’s cheaper to install your own off-grid renewable power system scaled for a domestic household than it is to buy retail fossil power from a utility.

So that strategy has a use-by date, and the more “successful” it is at maintaining higher prices, the quicker it’ll end.

  - mark