[AusNOG] GRE BGP Peering

PRK ausnog at digitaljunkie.net
Tue Jun 17 21:59:16 EST 2014

Out of curiosity (thrown out to everyone, not just Daniel), is there a
use case for BGP peering over a tunnel?

Wouldn't it just be introducing CPU and encapsulation overhead to send
the traffic via the same path (the tunnel) than it would take anyway, as
is used for the tunnel to be set up?

Or are there particular cases where BGP peering over a tunnel is useful
or desirable?

prk