[AusNOG] Transit over Megaport/Equinix

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Sun Jun 15 16:22:47 EST 2014

Hi all,

I thank all who replied to the Transit Over Megaport posts... and there was
a LOT of you.

I've sent all your offers (some VERY impressive ones) to the customers who
were chasing it so that they can contact you themselves.

Overall I had about 40 responses.

Best Prices $10
Average Price $15
Worst Price $35

Most pricing didn't care if it was 25mb, 50mb, 100mb or 200mb.. pricing was
the same for the most part.

Pricing wasn't the biggest factor to me, but it was a heavy influence.  $10
with average upstreams and big contracts doesn't fly... reasonable pricing,
reasonable or no contracts, good upstreams and a well known established
name with a good track record is what influenced me the most.

Lots of different carrier options... some blended, some not. Minimal 95th %
offers... which was interesting.

Some offered no contract terms... which I very much appreciated... good to
see dynamic products on offer.

A couple said they were offering 1:1... which to be honest, seems pointless
to me.  If you can control your network contention properly, then most
networks can handle 5:1 (or much more) without any issues... which means I
know the cost metrics... don't try to convince me that you can't sell it
less than you buy it - because that doesn't fly, contention works the same
for pricing.  I think it is time for a vlog about this.

Some people offered me a free taste or even first month free... that is
extremely generous and certainly a sign of someone who believes in their
product. You are a shinning example.

Overall, I thank you all for your responses... You have been great.  Sorry
I can't reply to you all... those offers I thought were great were passed
on to the end customers with instructions to contact you directly.  If I
don't reply to you personally, sorry, with so many responses I was
overwhelmed with the amazing choice.  I can feel more opportunities coming.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering