[AusNOG] iiNet - packet management versus censorship - a realistic alternative

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 13:48:42 EST 2014

I believe I suggested a well formed email with arguments against the
proposal rather than just outrage. Governments have no real imperative
to consider commercial realities at all. Here's why:

Cost to open content to all Markets < policing a dead business model.
NBN - Cost of up keep on copper network is arguably < fibre build out
in most locations.

The Alternatives have being suggested time and time again. In multiple
markets around the world on deaf ears.

To Suggest that iiNet are condoning piracy is trolling because any
reasonably educated person would see that iiNet are simply trying to
keep the cost of service to a reasonable level and uphold good policy
(like the safe harbour clause).

Why should the Australian public pay for policing a business model?