[AusNOG] PtP Link Request North Sydney <-> Crows Nest

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Sun Jun 8 20:35:36 EST 2014

On 3 Jun 2014, at 16:29, Michael Dale <mdale at dalegroup.net> wrote:

> Specifically it must be secure

That makes very little sense.

If you're buying your security from another service provider, then it isn't really secure because the service provider has the keys, and will provide them to any regulator who asks.

If you're going to run IPSEC over the top of it anyway, then it doesn't matter whether the underlying service is "secure."

> Normally we would just run an ipsec VPN but the client wants something (more?) secure.

Maybe the client just likes burning money for no good reason.

  - mark