[AusNOG] AAPT / TPG Merge NWB

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Wed Jun 4 10:36:05 EST 2014

I am not sure why we are surprised really.

TPG is going to dismantle everything that made AAPT AAPT...

Expect them to pull everything they had intercap off Nextgen and onto AAPT
fibre as soon as contracts run out.  This will put a dent into Nextgens
figures I bet.

The AAPT Wholesale people still seem to think that they will have jobs
within a year... and they have the support of TPG to continue pushing
wholesale services. At least some good people will be available for others
to hire.

It is my opinion that while TPG has some good products, I think essentially
they are wholesale hostile and will put any direct commercial opportunity
in front of any wholesale opportunity in every case.

I've had opportunities that were going to be fulfilled via wholesale, who
were told to stop supporting us as their commercial side were competing for
it directly.

I don't believe words anymore, I believe actions and base everything off
what people do, not what they say they will do.. and we've all seen what
has happened to Soul and Pipe since TPG took over.  Lots of staff hired for
Pipe were told they were going to be supported, and not long later realised
it was all words with no reality.

Btw... Good on TPG for pushing their commercial agenda... from that
perspective they are succeeding... I just think it is wrong to 'fake
support' wholesale when they do everything to undercut it.  Just be honest
about your intentions TPG is all I say.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Cameron Ferdinands <cameron at jferdinands.com