[AusNOG] 10Gb Switching and HP COMOS5 vs 7

Martin Visser martinvisser99 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:07:04 EST 2014

Skeeve,

I have done a number of projects where I have both Comware 5 and Comware 7
boxes (note, not COMOS, sorry ;-) )
There are differences in syntax, but mapping is reasonable straightforward,
and is more around the hierarchy of configuration elements.

As far as features go, until late last year 5.2 on the 5800s had more
features on the 5900s. But that has changed since the beginning of the year
when a lot of things that people were waiting for were added. There is a
lot more grunt on the 5900s, so it is the way to go now. (Disclaimer: I
work for HP technology services, which is a short arm's length from the
product group ;-) )

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99 at gmail.com