[AusNOG] Telstra LNS issue

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Tue Jun 3 17:01:31 EST 2014

On 03/06/14 15:52, Michael Marklew wrote:
> Can someone please point me in the right direction with a Telstra DSL
> issue I am having? I have a stack of Telstra ADSL tails not
> authenticating as of today and faults are telling me the following
> and will not escalate it any further or offer anyway I can move
> forward.

Had the same issue today with a particular LAC not talking to my LNS.  Took >4 hours on the phone to get onto somebody who actually knew what I was talking about.  Was always "somebody else's department".

Just got off the phone to someone who says apparently a line card fault surfaced this morning, and will attempt to be replaced tomorrow morning.

Person I spoke to doesn't actually deal with faults, so I've got no ticket number nor way of tracking it.  Best I can do is wait until the morning and hope for the best...