[AusNOG] Telstra LNS issue

Ryan Crouch ryan at apexn.com.au
Tue Jun 3 16:35:24 EST 2014

Hi Michael,

We have had this before, however it was isolated to particular DSLAM ESA's
& BRAS combinations. We were able to establish the combinations and
patterns using PPP auth logs from Cisco routers at customer sites and
which LAC was answering the CHAP/PAP responses.

By escalating via our operations manager, they acknowledged issues
eventually with faulty line cards in exchanges.

They were initially pointing us at 'new E-BRAS' and routing information
but we were able to show that our BGP learned BRAS addresses were fine and
reachable

It's also important that you check the VPDN l2x debugs because that is how
we were able to prove the session/auth was never forwarded to us at all,
ever.

I'm not sure if this is what you're experiencing, and if there's a large
geographical spread it's unlikely to be the same problem but maybe it will
give you an idea of some of the places to investigate.

-Ryan