[AusNOG] China issue

James Hodgkinson yaleman at ricetek.net
Wed Jul 30 22:32:57 EST 2014

As another option, I'm getting weird issues resolving that domain - are the
nameservers new? The registration date on the domain's 11/13, so it's not
exactly new.

$ whois standoutgroup.com.cn
Domain Name: standoutgroup.com.cn
[snip]
Name Server: ns1.onlydomains.com
Name Server: ns2.onlydomains.com
Name Server: ns3.onlydomains.com

Querying your nameservers directly doesn't seem to be responding, and
google's stumped.

$ nslookup standoutgroup.com.cn ns1.onlydomains.com
Server: ns1.onlydomains.com
Address: 199.192.75.20#53
Non-authoritative answer:
*** Can't find standoutgroup.com.cn: No answer
$ nslookup standoutgroup.com.cn 8.8.8.8
> standoutgroup.com.cn
Server: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53
Non-authoritative answer:
*** Can't find standoutgroup.com.cn: No answer

Dig responses for MX records are not responding with answers either, and MX
toolbox gives a non-response -
http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3astandoutgroup.com.cn&run=toolpage

Then again, standoutgroup.cn seems to be all configured right....?

Happy to be slapped around for entirely missing the point, I'm really quite
tired.

James