[AusNOG] Gas Fire Supression

Greg M gregm at servu.net.au
Mon Jul 28 16:51:56 EST 2014

?Hi Noggers,

Just wondering if anyone on the list has used or has any feedback on Statx gas fire supression?

We are currently in the process of finalising a small datacenter build for our networking gear and our build partner is recommending Statx fire suppression (mostly due to its cost, and zero ozone depletion characteristics) versus our current HFC-227 (Heptafluoropropane) gas system.

A colleague noted that it is however a Potassium-based aerosol which in itself is a flammable item (Their website even lists "UN Identification code 3178" which is inorganic flammable solid?)

Many thanks,

Greg