[AusNOG] Vyatta - Accepting /24 from Customer and advertising to upstream

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Sun Jul 27 06:53:38 EST 2014

I'm sure someone who knows 100% will reply when they all wake up by two
things to try..

1) on neighbor 103.18.204.242, there's no prefix-list import. I'm not sure
whether this will just accept *everything* (this is bad mmmkay), or whether
it will accept nothing at all.. Would be best to add a prefix list to
accept the /24 from the customer.

Though you can check this by doing:
show ip bgp neighbors 103.18.204.242 received-routes

(Note misspelling of neighbours, this throws me every time!)

And see if you're receiving the route

I'd also check if you're sending the route on to your upstream.

aka

show ip bgp neighbors 1.0.4.73 advertised-routes

2) Have you told your upstream about the new prefix (and supplied them with
your customer's LoA), and have they confirmed that they and all their
upstreams are accepting it via you? If not, they're not going to accept it
from you (unless they're a bit dodgy..).

Two things to check on anyway :)

Regards,
Damien

On 26 July 2014 22:37, Daniel Watson <Daniel at glovine.com.au> wrote:

>  Hi Guys
>

> We are accepting 203.27.101.0/24 via AS133196 to our router
>
> We are trying to advertise this router that we are getting on our BGP
> session to 133196 over to our upstream provider at 1.0.4.73 & 1.0.4.74
>

> However our upstream provider are not getting those routes from us
>

> I have uploaded a sample of our configuration to
> http://glovine.com.au/daniel/melbourne.txt
>

> Can anybody point out the issue with 203.27.101.0/24 sending upstream?
> First time newbie doing this part :D
>

> Regards,
>
> Daniel Watson
>
> Network Administrator / Network Operations Manager
>

> E Daniel at GloVine.com.au
>
> W www.GloVine.com.au

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust