[AusNOG] 1Tb/s native ipv6 traffic on comcast

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Sat Jul 26 00:54:18 EST 2014

Both NetFlix and Google (including YouTube) are IPv6, and 100% of Comcast
services are IPv6 enabled (although not all of them actually use it
obviously), so I could certainly believe this number could be true.

And it's only going to get better - I use Comcast and in my area they are
pushing everyone to upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0, which will likely significant
increase the number of people with IPv6 capable CPE.

  Scott
 1Tbit for comcast alone seems a bit high, global v6 wouldn't be much more
than that, using some % figures and rough global traffic levels, but..given
Akamai seems to see most v6 traffic in NA, maybe its accurate. It would
point to quite absurdly high ratio for Comcast themselves however, would be
interesting what the B end was, presumably Netflix is ipv6 (haven't
verified?), as well would be youtube and other sites doing video, usenet as
well, and then of course pure internal comcast.